#03 The 20s Life Survival Guide: Officially Twenty Three

3:38 PM

Today I’m officially 23 (omg omg I've posted about my birthday in blog since my 17th birthday!) Moving to the next level of life.

Does it feel special?

Of course! Your birthday should be a very special day out of 365 days in a year.

Birthday, from my perspective, must be a very happy day. While others assume birthday as a day to think of what we’ve done in life all this time. Another people also assumes birthday as a day to think about all sin you’ve done in your life. Or in the opposite, people thinks of birthday as a day when you’ll receive a lot of gifts, a day when you can party all night long.


I’m not gonna say it’s wrong. It’s your day, and you are free to determine what kind of day would your birthday be.

So, what’s birthday for me?

Birthday is a day when years ago, everyone were rejoiced to meet you for the first time, eventough you are crying so loud that day, everyone sent much of prayers and hopes for you.

Birthday is a day once in a year, when you still receive so much love, hopes and prayers from your parents, family, bf, bff, friends, colleagues, even from the strangers added you on Facebook.

Birthday is a day when people thinks about you even in their busiest day.

Birthday is a day to celebrate that you’ve succeed to survive through another year in your life, that consist of struggles, tears, and laughters, of course.

So, in your birthday, you deserve such a good treats from people around you and from yourself. It’s up to you, what kind of treats you want.

Some people wants to celebrate their birthday alone in the dark room. Some people wants to celebrate it with a big sweet 17 party in a luxury hotel. Some people wants a cake for their birthday. Some other people expecting for gifts.

Me, already had such perfect birthdays during these 23 years. I always celebrate 5th of January with my loved ones. I never ever ever wants for a big birthday party. The best birthday celebration I ever had when I was a kid, was only by eating ice cream together with mom, grandma, grandpa, and invites the people next door to have the ice cream together in our small home. For me, that’s enough to make me happy.

I always love it when people call or text me to say happy birthday, and send me hopes & prayers. I always love 5th of January, because it always gave me different birthday experience and surprise every year.

Am I ever felt like losing the excitements of birthday as growing older? The answer is YES, sometimes.

Birthday in 20 something age doesn’t feels as exciting as in my childhood & teenage days. Being far away apart from mom & best friends is one of the reasons. But I’m still feeling grateful that they’ll always be there for me, sending hopes & prayers from there.

I’m grateful that I’m not alone. I’m grateful for the man who’s always here beside me in my birthdays since my 16th.

I’m grateful for every things.

Alhamdulillah.

Image Source: Pinterest


Sincerely,
Sarah


You Might Also Like

0 Comments